THE MAGAZINE ABOUT FIREWORKS FOR OVER 30 YEARS
Read here before ordering/subscribing
Fireworks is published
February and July.
issues), by cheque,
(£14 Europe; £18 outside Europe)
Online - postage
Fireworks, PO Box 40
Bexhill TN40 1GX
Issue Cumulation 14
- TAY BRIDGE CENTENARY. Andrew Smiley describes his Shell Shock display fired from a moving train.
- BENWELL FIREWORKS. Their move from Haley & Weller to Feistel.
- ASTRA FIREWORKS. Terry Morgan looks at their history - and future.
- LETTER FROM AMERICA. Jack Drewes describes the American scene.
- STANDARD FIREWORKS BREAK RECORDS AT CASTLE HOWARD. Philip Morley explains how.
- HENGLER'S FIREWORKS: FAMOUS FOR 60 YEARS. John M. Turner looks at their history.
- PGI. Laurie Jackson provides his Convention report while Ed Vanasek describes PGI's work.
- FIREWORK ASSESSMENT COURSE. Ron Rapley of HSE describes it.
- SANDLING FIREWORKS. Graham Lundegaard introduces the company.
- ORANGE, CALIFORNIA. Chris Squyres recalls the 4th in his home town.
- CLUB SHOOT, VIRGINIA. Jack Leonard remembers the events.
DIARY lists 63 coming events / LETTERS / DIRECTORY of the services of 34 companies / TRADE NEWS: New fireworks and services - news from 21 companies / BOOKS & PUBLICATIONS -- 10 new items / PUBLICATIONS RAMBLE through books, periodicals and newspapers / ROUND UP of news and events / GUY FAWKES - editorial / PICTURES of Astra rocket range, Tay Bridge fireworks, Firework stands of Orange, California, and the fireworks themselves.
Publish your own fireworks books / An invitation to Malta / Let's go to Valencia / Draft Standard issued / Would you like to join Standard Brock? / Gala fireworks at Normanton / Blackpool's firework record breakers / Mini-rockets cease production / Giant wedding display in Staffs / Prestel information on displays / Sympathetic safety campaign / Standard T-shirts available / Consumer Protection Act and fireworks / Rye's riotous Bonfire history / Battle Bonfire / The dog who ate fireworks / Ben Gaskell's remarkable displays / Work of the Firework Makers' Guild / Information on Standard / Ken Bailey on Feistel / Octavius Hunt's Mister Sparkle / Astra's all-British range / Pain's display at Leeds Castle (Roly Harrison) / Mr Rumens on Bracknell's Primrose Hill display / Wilf Scott's City Airport display / Bonfire and the British Standard / Standard's JCR display in Bristol / Rev. Lancaster - a triumph for his school.
Terms and Conditions